Special features and Eligible securities
- (1) Complete dematerialization
- The implementation of complete dematerialization has meant reductions in costs involved in the production and custody of notes and in the risks of loss and theft.
- (2) DVP settlement
- All aspects of the process - issuance, transfer and redemption – have been affected by the implementation of Gross-Gross DVP settlement by means of simultaneous funds and securities settlement linking with the Bank of Japan Financial Network System ( “BoJ Net”).
- (3) STP (Straight Through Processing)
- STP has been implemented right through from trade-matching to settlement in tandem with JASDEC’s Pre-Settlement Matching System.
- (4) Faster issuance and settlement
- The period between the decision of the issuance conditions and the issuance date can be made much shorter.
- (5) Enhancement of the transaction
- The total issue amount can be subdivided into small lots on ‘the value of each corporate bond’ (=minimum unit of the transfer) basis in a secondary market, in place of each certificate of the former promissory notes
- Short-term corporate bonds
- Short-term investment company bonds (so-called REIT CP)
- Specified short-term corporate bonds issued by SPC, etc.
- Short-term foreign bonds issued by foreign corporations, etc.
- Value of each corporate bond should be equal to or in excess of ¥100 million and a multiple of ¥1 million. The bonds should be issued in Japan and with original issue discount
For enquiries about the Book-Entry Transfer System for Short-Term Corporate Bonds please contact:
- Fixed Income and Investment Trust Department(CP)
- First Systems Department (CP/Corporate Bonds)
Top of page